Standing Spinal Twists – Exercise To Help Relieve Back Pain
Standing spinal twists are the greatest option if you are struggling with back pain. The spinal twists are practiced as a warm-up to wake the smaller muscles of your spine. It stretches your spine and strengthens your back muscles. After finishing this exercise, you can release the arms and relax to examine the workout’s impact on the body.
Equipment: No equipment
Level: Beginners to advanced
Works on muscles: Spine, Thighs, Calves, Hip Flexors, Deep abdominal and Biceps.
Check out our exercises article for more videos of the full-body mobility workout routine.
O’Coach Free Tip
- Make sure to stand with your feet comfortably apart.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed, and away from the ears.
How to perform Standing spinal twist correctly:
Extend your arms in front and gently twist from the waist to the right.
Tip: Move with your breath.
Breathing in, come back to the center.
Breathing out, turn to your left and repeat the same on your left side.
Tip: Palms should be shoulder distance apart.
Repeat this a few times and then breathe out and bring your hands down.
Tip: Feel the stretch in your lower back.
Benefits of the Standing Spinal Twist:
Spinal twists give a nice stretch to the waist and help in making it more flexible. It takes very little time to do the stretch and it benefits your body in many ways. Below are some of the benefits of spinal twists:
- Good for reducing constipation.
- Stretches and strengthens the lower back.
- Counter the effects of prolonged sitting hours.
- Strengthen the spine and waist, and also improve flexibility.
- Good for arm and leg muscles, and also for abdominal muscles.
- Useful for correcting back stiffness and postural problems of the back and spine.
Add Spinal twist to your routine to protect your lower back:
Standing spinal twists are extremely beneficial for those who have sedentary jobs or who work with computers. Sitting for long periods of time impact the body’s ability to control blood sugar, blood pressure and break down body fat. The only way to adopt a healthy lifestyle is by doing some physical activity daily.
Also Read: Pelvic Twists – A Quick Office Workout For Your Lower Back
Doing 2 mins Standing spinal twist with O’Coach app:
It’s time to manage your obesity to have a healthier and better life. O’Coach lets you manage your custom workout routine by allowing you to create and schedule your personalized workout set. You can create your personal set of spinal twists and schedule it to perform daily. Try to complete Spinal twists as part of a full body joint mobility program (less than 5 mins) with the O’Coach app on a daily basis to strengthen your back and reduce back pain.
Download the 100% free O’Coach custom workout app to perform your daily 2-5 mins workout with the O’Coach app.
- You can also create your own custom workout routine according to your need and preferences.
- You can add reminder schedules for your exercises based on your convenience and requirements.
- You can create a small community with your friends and supporting family members to keep you motivated and ensure progress.
Make The Most Of The Move With A Proper Squat Routine!
Build everything from strength and power to flexibility and balance. ACROSS ALL AGE GROUPS Our sedentary lifestyles are constantly making…