Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana, (also known as the Mountain Pose), is a simple upper body stretch and alignment workout that forms the basis for a better posture.
Getting into this pose every few hours helps you discover your body’s natural balance leading to a better posture by offsetting the side effects of sitting and slouching.
Targets: Neck, Back, Shoulders and Arms
Watch video to learn how to do Tadasana (Mountain Pose) at your desk for better posture
Detailed instructions for doing Tadasana while sitting
Inhale and raise your arms above your head
Tip: Keep your arms straight
Exhale and bring the palms to the chest
Tip: Feel the stretch in your shoulders and your sides
Get free 2-Minute Tadasana Routine on O’Coach app. Do it every few hours during your working day!
How does Tadasana (Mountain Pose) improve your posture?
Quick 2 mins! Tadasana exercise to help you improve your posture. Let’s delve into the key benefits of performing this simple yet effective pose.
– Shoulder Relaxation: It encourages the relaxation of your shoulder muscles, reducing tension that can lead to rounded shoulders and poor posture.
– Spinal Health: Tadasana gently stretches and lengthens the spine, encouraging a straighter back.
– Hip Flexibility: This pose enhances flexibility in the hips, and targets the hip flexors, which can become tight from prolonged sitting or poor posture.
– Neck Alignment: Tadasana encourages you to align your head and neck with your spine, reducing strain on the neck muscles.
As you can see in the picture above, sitting for extended periods affects more than just your appearance. It can have a significant effect on your body such as:
- Forward Head Posture
- Rounded Shoulders
- Slouched Back
- Tight Hip Flexors
How to implement 2-mins workout into your routine for a better posture?
To experience the full benefits of any workout, it’s essential to make it a daily habit. Consistency is key to improving your posture and overall well-being. However, we understand that maintaining a daily routine can be challenging, especially in a busy work environment. That’s where O’Coach comes in. Our custom workout timer app is designed to help you integrate the tadasana into your workday. O’Coach features:
See the difference!
Tips for better posture:
- Avoid locking your knees while sitting.
- When sitting, keep your feet flat on the floor, your knees at or below hip level, and your back against the chair for support.
- If you have a desk job, make sure your workspace is ergonomically designed.
- Incorporate stretching exercises to improve flexibility in areas like the neck, back, shoulders and chest.
For More Tips: Posture: Practical Tips and Techniques for Improvement