Neck Rotation – Exercise For Improving Your Neck Tightness
Neck rotations help relieve tightness in the sides and back of your neck. It’s the ultimate exercise that can be done anywhere, anytime. Especially people with desk jobs can easily perform this exercise on their desks.
Equipment: No equipment
Level: Beginners to advanced
Works on muscles: Upper trapezius, Scalenes, Splenius cervicis
O’Coach Free Tip
- Do not turn your head completely to either side.
- Keep chin level with the ground without letting the chin drop to the chest.
Steps to perform Neck Rotations correctly:
Gently rotate your head anticlockwise.
Tip: Feel the stretch around the neck.
Slowly bring your head back to the middle and rotate in the other direction.
Tip: Hold this position for up to 30 seconds.
Repeat this motion on both sides.
Tip: Do each side 2–4 times.
Benefits of Neck rotations:
Neck Rotation helps to increase the range of motion through your shoulder as it stretches the muscles on the sides of your neck. Daily neck stretches and exercises are also recommended to improve posture and reduce the risk of neck pain from returning or becoming worse.
Here are some more benefits of Neck Rotation:
- Reduce neck pain.
- Improve flexibility.
- Reduce tension and stress.
- Increase mobility in your neck.
- Improves blood circulation in your neck.
- Prevent neck and cervical spine injuries.
- Reduce tightness in the sides and back of your neck.
General cause of neck pain and tightness:
- Poor sitting posture.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Computer screens are not at eye level.
- Bad sleeping position.
Prevent your neck stiffness:
- Try to make your back straight while sitting.
- Arrange your computer position correctly.
- Improve your sleeping position.
- After every hour of seated work, get up to walk around or do basic and light exercises for at least 2-5 minutes.
Doing neck rotations can help you to regain your mobility and a full range of motion. Add 2-5 mins neck rotation to your routine you’ll be more comfortable when you sit or stand for extended periods. It’s crucial to give your neck some stretches and exercises to enhance the range of motion and improve flexibility, especially if your profession demands you to sit for long periods of time.
Add 2 mins! Neck Rotation to your routine with O’Coach app:
Try adding Neck rotations as part of a full body joint mobility program (less than 5 mins) with the O’Coach app to perform during your workday and kill the effects of poor posture. You can easily manage your workout during your busy work hours. Because O’Coach sends you notifications to perform your workout at the time you schedule it.
Download the 100% free O’Coach custom workout app to perform your daily 2-5 mins workout with the O’Coach app.
- You can also create your own custom workout routine according to your need and preferences.
- You can add reminder schedules for your exercises based on your convenience and requirements.
- You can create a small community with your friends and supporting family members to keep you motivated and ensure progress.
Make The Most Of The Move With A Proper Squat Routine!
Build everything from strength and power to flexibility and balance. ACROSS ALL AGE GROUPS Our sedentary lifestyles are constantly making…