Lower-back stretches are exercises that involve extending and stretching the muscles of the lower back to relieve pain and tension in that area. These stretches can help increase flexibility, reduce stiffness, and improve the range of motion in the lower back. The goal of these exercises is to stretch and relax the muscles in the lower back, which can become tight or strained due to poor posture, sitting for long periods of time, or physical activity. Regular stretching of the lower back can also help prevent future injuries and promote overall spinal health.
Lower Back Stretches:
- Child Pose
- Knee Hug
- Piriformis/Figure Four Stretch
- Seated Spinal Twist
- Pelvic Tilt
- Cat & Cow
- Deep C Breathing
Benefits of doing lower back stretches:
- Improves your posture
- Enhances your range of motion
- Reduces stress
- Relaxes and lengthens the muscles of your spine
- Increases circulation
Lower Back Stretches with the O’Coach app:
Office workers are usually required to sit for long hours working on a computer while spending most of their time in a sitting position. Approximately 34%- 51% of office workers experienced LBP in the preceding 12 months. So if you have 10-15 minutes do some lower back stretches with the O’Coach app can improve your posture, reduce stress.
O’Coach custom workout app helps us manage and perform your daily workouts. Especially for people with desk jobs, it makes it easy for them to fit basic exercises into their routine schedule.
Download the 100% free O’Coach custom workout app to perform your daily 2-5 mins workout with the O’Coach app.
- You can also create your own custom workout routine according to your need and preferences.
- You can add reminder schedules for your exercises based on your convenience and requirements.
- You can create a small community with your friends and supporting family members to keep you motivated and ensure progress.