Arm Rotations: The What, The Why and The How!
What are Arm Rotations?
Arm Rotations/Circles are a simple exercise that involves moving your arms in circular motions. This exercise is often used to enhance flexibility and range of motion in the shoulder joints and the muscles in the upper arms.
Primary Muscles Target:
- Shoulder muscles (Deltoids)
- Front upper arm (Biceps)
- Back upper arm (Triceps)
Why Do We Need Arm Rotations/Circles?
You might be thinking, “Why should we need to care about arm circles?” Here’s why:
1. Injury Prevention: Arm circles reduce the likelihood of strain and injuries in the shoulder and upper arm areas.
2. Healthy Joints: Think of your arm joints like a rusty old door hinge. If you don’t use it, it gets stiff. Arm rotations are like oiling those hinges to help your joints move smoothly.
3. Stress Relief: Arm circles act like a stress-buster that helps you relax and clear your mind.
4. Warm-Up: Arm circles are an excellent way to prepare the body for a more intense workout.
How to perform Arm Circles?
Steps to perform:
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Extend your arms, and make small circular motions, gradually increasing their size.
3. Repeat in both forward and reverse directions for 2-3 minutes.
When To Do Arm Rotations?
Incorporating 2 minutes of arm rotations exercise into your routine can improve your flexibility and help you maintain a better posture. So customise your workouts that fit your needs and schedule it with the O’Coach app. This app ensures that even a short exercise break like 2 minute arm rotation exercise can have a powerful impact on your overall well-being. Add this warm-up routine:
- Before exercise: As a warm-up to prepare your upper body.
- After exercise: As a cool-down to aid muscle recovery.
- Daily: To beat bad posture due to a sedentary lifestyle